Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving and Dad's Retirement

This past 4-day weekend was a blast! Jeff and I drove to Normal, IL on Thursday and then celebrated Thanksgiving with my family on Friday. Then on Saturday, my family held a retirement party for my Dad whose last day of work was TODAY!

Here are some pictures from the festivities (click pics to see them larger):

The sisters and my niece, Claire, who is soon to be a whopping 3 years old!


Pretty Claire....she knows how to pose for the camera!


Autumn...always being a silly girl!


My Mom and Dad!


The retirement take-home-treats...ZAK Happy Face spoons. (The tags were made by my mom. They looked adorable! Check out her site if you have any dishtowel orders to fulfill...many of her towels are sold with ZAK spoons or bowls.)


I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend. Here's to hoping the weather cooperates for our Christmas drive to Tennessee!






1 comment:

  1. Congrats to your dad on retiring! :) Your nieces are adorable. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving! Jealous of your fireplace...we've had our house 3 years now and have yet to light a fire in ours. We need someone to come look at it and of course it's on a long list of things that never get done...

    ReplyDelete