Saturday, November 20, 2010

Driving, Biking and Cherry Delight

So, I finally took the stick shift car out on real roads, managing to only stall once at a 4-way stop. Of course, there was a car at each stop sign...wondering why I wasn't going. Oops! No one honked but I still felt a bit dumb...finally got going and mouthed the words "sorry" many times to those around me. Oh, well, they'll get over it!

I spent the afternoon helping to make special baked beans and made my first ever, Cherry Delight. The Merry cookbook calls it Cherry Cheese Cake but I remember it being called Cherry Delight growing up or maybe that's just what Grandma Merry used to call it.






Went on a 14 mile bike ride. For some reason it was really difficult today...more so than when I rode 20 miles a few weeks ago. Maybe my mind was on other things...perhaps it was the fact that some teenager in his car leaned out his window yelling "You f******* suck!" Odd yet, interesting, I thought. He wasn't even with anyone so wasn't really trying to show off for anyone. I felt sorry for him more than anything...

I was really digging my new bell that my parents got for me. I think I over used it at times but I liked having it.


I also enjoyed the new pouch they gave me. It's big enough to hold my phone, Kleenexes, band-aids, and cat treats. (Hey...don't judge...you never know when you might come across a stray cat (or someones pet cat for that matter). You must be prepared to feed them! Keep them happy!)

When we got home, I noticed something had pooped on me. A bird I guess. Ugh! Getting pooped on and yelled at by some random low-life wasn't really what I expected but I guess not everything is in my control!

Looking forward to dinner tonight with our friends. Pulled pork BBQ, ribs, beans, and cheery delight. My bike ride was a pretty good work out so I won't feel guilty about dinner. I set the table with the napkins my mom made. The idea is to wash and reuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment