Sunday, January 25, 2009

Kitchen Transformation...

Thought I'd post pictures of what my kitchen has been through since I moved in.

January 2006
This is what the previous owners did. All plaid and rooster/chicken wallpaper...




October 2006
We painted it red...





September 2007
My mother-in-law and I painted it "dust storm aka Raggett Brown" while Jeff and his dad were at a NASCAR race....






January 2009
The wood trim transformation in progress...Trim opening to dining room has been painted. Doesn't it look great! I can't wait for the rest of the trim to finally look like that!




We did a lot more sanding today but still are not done with that process. I will never ever again complain about painting because it's 100 times more "fun" than sanding will ever be!

3 comments:

  1. Crazy Heather! That's the color we are using in our house! Dust Storm Brown! How weird is that?

    I LOVE your updates and the white trim is looking really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, that white trim makes so much difference!! I think Aunt Marie and Uncle Dan and Brian might be vacationing in TX in March and might drive back thru KS and stop by to visit you.....originallly they were going to fly to Mexico but I think now they will drive to TX. So she will get to see your remodeling before me, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather! I have had fun looking at your blogs and catching up on your life. The house is beautiful! Thanks for the email. It was great to hear from you! I added you to my blog list, hope you don't mind. Hop on over and check mine out when you get a chance. It's a just a tad overloaded with pictures of my almost-2 year old...I'm just a bit in love with him, if you can't tell! =o)

    ReplyDelete